NWICDC Helps Learners To:
- Achieve GED
- Attain employment and/or better your current employment
- Attain skills necessary to enter college and technical training
- Gain self-esteem, personal confidence and community connections
We offer instruction to adults who are preparing to pass the GED exam or who are looking to brush up on skills in reading, writing, or math.
- Our GED program lets you study at your own pace. We do not have required classes or times. Come in and work around your schedule.
- Learn at your own pace. With individual one-on-one instruction, our instructors and tutors will work on the subjects and areas that you need. We even have a distance learning platform that allows you to work on your GED at home at any time of the day. Along the way, our Care Coordinators will help with college and career guidance, supportive services, and community resources.
- Enroll at your own pace. Our free program has walk-in enrollment any time our center is open. Stop on by to get started!
- Individualized education planning
- Self-paced, strengths based curriculum
- Career and culturally relevant content
- Anokiiwin (Courses to employment)
- Cultural reclamation (Cultural learning)
- On-site testing center
- Individual support services
- Ability to work on your GED at home through distance learning
- Women’s and Men’s support groups
- College and career preparation
To be eligible for ABE, an individual must be 17 or older, not enrolled
in high school, and functioning below the 12th grade level in any of the
basic academic areas including reading, math, writing and speaking.
These presentations will be addressing a variety of topics regarding
Anishinaabe philosophy, ceremony, custom, and traditions.
Ojibwemowin will also be offered during the presentations. The
community is welcome to come and bring questions or subjects that
they wish to learn or share about.
Monday - Friday
from 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Regular GED with Tutor availability
throughout the day.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
from 9:00am - 12:00pm
Cultural Reclamation Series:
Tuesday and Thursday
from 5:00pm - 7:00pm
(provided we are open)